Alcohol / Drug Inventory
Take this quiz yourself or give this to a friend if you're concerned about:
This list of questions can help you decide whether you are addicted to alcohol or drugs or have the potential for addiction. There are no right answers only honest answers.
- Has spending money on alcohol and/or drugs kept you from buying necessities, such as food or clothing, or from paying the rent or mortgage?
- Have you ever borrowed money to buy alcohol/drugs?
- Have you ever missed a day of work because of drinking/using?
- Have you ever used alcohol/drugs to help get through the day while at work?
- Have you ever driven a car while under the influence of alcohol/drugs?
- Do you lie about your alcohol/drug use, even to your close friends?
- Do you use alcohol/drugs to feel good, self-confident, overcome shyness, or to forget your problems?
- Have you ever tried to cut down your drinking or drug use?
- Do you ever feel guilty about drinking/using; has anyone ever asked you to stop?
- Do you have trouble waking up or feel as if you have a hangover the morning after you drink/use?
- Do you suspect that your use of alcohol/drugs has increased over the past few months?
- Have you ever had thoughts about suicide since you began drinking/using?
- Have you ever not remembered something that happened from a time of drinking/using?
If you find yourself silently answering yes to more than two questions, you may be addicted or on your way to addiction.