15 Oct Self Assessment – Do I need help?
Take our self-assessment quiz yourself or give it to a friend you’re concerned about.
The list of questions can help you decide whether you are addicted to alcohol or drugs or have the potential for addiction. If you find yourself silently answering yes to more than two questions, you may be addicted or well on your way to addiction. Call for HELP Now: 1-800-882-6201 https://www.olalla.org/self-assessments/ We are ready to help you.
Alcohol / Drug Inventory
Take this quiz yourself or give this to a friend if you’re concerned about. This list of questions can help you decide whether you are addicted to alcohol or drugs or have the potential for addiction. There are no right answers only honest answer
- Has spending money on alcohol and/or drugs kept you from buying necessities, such as food or clothing, or from paying the rent or mortgage?
- Have you ever borrowed money to buy alcohol/drugs?
- Have you ever missed a day of work because of drinking/using?
- Have you ever used alcohol/drugs to help get through the day while at work?
- Have you ever driven a car while under the influence of alcohol/drugs?
- Do you lie about your alcohol/drug use, even to your close friends?
- Do you use alcohol/drugs to feel good, self-confident, overcome shyness, or to forget your problems?
- Have you ever tried to cut down your drinking or drug use?
- Do you ever feel guilty about drinking/using; has anyone ever asked you to stop?
- Do you have trouble waking up or feel as if you have a hangover the morning after you drink/use?
- Do you suspect that your use of alcohol/drugs has increased over the past few months?
- Have you ever had thoughts about suicide since you began drinking/using?
- Have you ever not remembered something that happened from a time of drinking/using?
If you find yourself silently answering yes to more than two questions, you may be addicted or on your way to addiction.
Call for HELP Now: 1-800-882-6201, staff are ready to help you with your addiction.
CALL ANYTIME: 1-800-882-6201 to talk to someone 24/7
SCHEDULE AN ASSESSMENT: Call our outpatient office 253-851-2552 directly.
FIND A MEETING: Go here to search for an AA meeting near you or a virtual one.