15 Oct Don’t ignore your spiritual wellness during the pandemic
Keeping your faith during social isolation
Physical and emotional healing during the pandemic are important, but don’t ignore your spiritual wellbeing. Lean on your faith and look for ways to nourish your positive emotions.
Some things you can do to stay spiritually strong:
- If you’re not able to get together with your faith community in person, look for live-streamed worship services online.
- Keep a gratitude journal by your nightstand. At the end of the day, write down three things you’re grateful for.
- Continue praying for yourself and others. Your Higher Power hasn’t stopped listening.
- Take time for contemplation — watch the sun set or enjoy a quiet moment outside.
- Share love and compassion with others. Reach out to a family member with an encouraging word or a neighbor in need.
Maintaining faith is not just about attending a group event once a week. Feed your soul by embracing your fears. Focus on positive thoughts. And remember all the good things in your life.
CALL: 1-800-882-6201 to talk to someone.
SUBSCRIBE: to our weekly Recovery Lifehacks – COVID-19 delivered to your inbox.
FIND A MEETING: Go here to search for an AA or AN meeting near you.
GO HERE: to see them all.